Re: [xsl] Performance problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Performance problem
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:47:03 GMT
> I get the following loading time:

when I was a lad, printing TeX documents took around 15 minutes per page,
but we were happy....

> 1. How can I know what XSLT processor Im using and in which version? (I
> guess Im using Microsoft).

You can print the value of the xsl:vendor system-property (but the
answer is you are using msxml3)

> should I move to xslt2 ? how can I do it ?
XSLT2 is still in draft stage, saxon8 is the most commonly used
implementation (no client side browser implementations exist yet).

Are you sure you want to open a 10Mb file in a browser, ever?
Personally I wouldn't have thought the difference between 41 and 64
seconds was that great. If you were running this in some kind of high
throughput serever setting they'd all be too slow (but you wouldn't be
using a browser as your parser in that setting) if you are using it for
an end user file display, if someone is prepared to wait 40 seconds
without killing the process, they'll wait 60 seconds.

I'd be very surprised if div is slow (although Michael is the one with
implementation knowledge) format-number is inherently a much more
complicated operation.

David

http://www.star.net.uk