RE: [xsl] creating top-level elements from within child elements

Subject: RE: [xsl] creating top-level elements from within child elements
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:02:18 +0200
Hi,

> This is a question I asked earlier in one of my earlier posts
> but didnt
> get any reponse on it. I'm reposting the question only because its
> important for me to get some response even if it is a "No, it cant be
> done" !
>
> I wanted to know if its possible to create a new element say
> 'A2' from
> within the <xsl:apply-template> of 'A1' such that 'A2' is the
> immediate
> child of element 'A' and not 'A1'.
>
> So I want the structure to be
>
> <A>
>     <A1/> <!--has some <xsl:apply-template>-->
>     <A2/>  <!-- being create inside A1's apply-template>
> </A>
>

>  and not the default
>
> <A>
>     <A1>
>           <A2/>
>     </A1>
> </A>

Well, it depends on your source and stylesheet. Also, I'm confused about your
terminology: "... from within the <xsl:apply-template> of 'A1'..." Do you mean
the template that generates A1, or the one that matches A1? Anyhow, say you
have source

<foo>

and you stylesheet looks like

<xsl:template match="foo">
  <A1/>
  <A2>
</xsl:template>

You'll end up with

<A1/>
<A2>

You should show us more of your source and stylesheet, to show what
limitations you have.

Cheers,

Jarno - God Module: Levitation