Re: [xsl] creating top-level elements from within child elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] creating top-level elements from within child elements
From: RQamar <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:09:15 +0000
templates are not "owned" by elements in the result tree they are distinguished by being matched to elements in the input. They then
generate a fragment of the output.

Clearly a single template can generate A1 and A2 as siblings rather than
A2 being a child of A1. You just make them siblings rather than a child
in the output.

Right I got your point. That looks good. So I can create a sibling element instead of a child. Perhaps its rather obvious for you on how to do it but I dont have any clue on how to create a sibling element. Could you advise me on that.

you say

and not the default

 <A>
     <A1>
           <A2/>
   </A1>
 </A>

But that is not the default. the default behaviour just gives you the character content and no elements at all in the result tree. You only have A2 as a child of A1 as that's the way you have it in your stylesheet 9as I said in my first reply)

You're right. Perhaps I should have said 'in the context of my stylesheet the behaviour is such'. Sorry about that ! :)

Thanks
Rahil