Re: [xsl] xslt and the filesystem

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt and the filesystem
From: Daniel Bibbens <dbibbens@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:36:46 -0800
tom.kirkpatrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Is it possible for xsl/xpath, via the document() function, to read in all
> files in a particular directory...
>
> It would be really neet If I could just get the XSL template to look at
> everyfile in the directory, and apply appropriate processing:

I've written an Apache (1.3.x) module, mod_rssindex, to handle this
problem. It creates an RSS 2.0 (XML) document of the files and
directories in a directory. Use

    <xsl:variable
        name="path"
        select="document('http://yourhost.com/path/to/index.rss')/rss/channel"/>

    <xsl:for-each select="$path/item[description = 'file']">
      <xsl:variable name="file" select="document(link)"/>
       <!-- do work with '$file' here -->
    </xsl:for-each>

You can get download and installation information at:
    http://xobjex.com/projects/mod_rssindex/

--
Daniel Bibbens 				 http://xobjex.com/
Apache modules and other open-source projects for XSL & RSS