[xsl] XSL & Entities

Subject: [xsl] XSL & Entities
From: c p <bugs75il@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:53:58 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,

I am converting SGML to XML.  After the XML is
created, it has several
elements/attributes that point to external entities
that are stored in
an .ent file.  For example:  images.

In my XML file the image element would look something
like this:
<image imagename="CorporateLogo" width="100mm"
height="100"/>

I am including the external entity file with following
notation at the
top of the xml file:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE servinfo SYSTEM "my_xml.dtd"
[
<!ENTITY % images SYSTEM "my_images.ent">
%images;
]>

Here is a snippet of the my_images.ent file:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<!ENTITY CorporateLogo SYSTEM
"images\corporateLogo.gif">

I am using XSL to transform the XML using Xalan
transformer.  I am
wondering, if at all possible, how can I get to the
file path for that
image that is stored in the entity file from the XSL?

I can do something like <xsl:value-of
select="xpath-to-the-image-node"/> but thats going to
return the string: "CorporateLogo" instead I want
it to return "images\corporateLogo.gif".

I looked up some info on "unparsed-entity-uri" and
tried using that but
its just returning the same thing or a null string.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
C.