Re: [xsl] dyn:evaluate question

Subject: Re: [xsl] dyn:evaluate question
From: Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:28:31 +0100
On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 13:13 +0000, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>     Thorsten> Hello list, I am trying to dynamically include a
>     Thorsten> stylesheet like this: <xsl:variable
>     Thorsten> name="request">index</xsl:variable> <xsl:include
>     Thorsten> href="cocoon:/prepare.include.dyn:evaluate($request)"/>
>
>     Thorsten> but the dyn:evaluate($request) -part will not get
>     Thorsten> resolved.
>
>     Thorsten> As soon I change it to <xsl:include
>     Thorsten> href="cocoon:/prepare.include.index"/> I get my
>     Thorsten> stylesheets.
>
>     Thorsten> Am I using the dyn:evaluate wrong? Are there a
>     Thorsten> workaround?
>
> The href attribute is not an attribute-value-template, so you can't do
> this.
> You could generate the stylesheet from another stylesheet, though.

Hmm, but the problem is that I HAVE TO pass on some stage the $variable
to the include call.

I am doing something like this

index.html -> requested page

index.xml -> content for the page
index.fv -> styling information about the page (as forrest:view)

Through the prepare.include.* and prepare.xhmtl.* I am calling html
snippets from a rep based on index.fv.

On the final stylesheet I am then creating the page like
<xhtml>
  <head>
    <xsl:call-template name="getHead"/>
      <xsl:call-template name="getCss"/>