Re: [xsl] creating nodes from text

Subject: Re: [xsl] creating nodes from text
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:16:19 +0100
me> This is a very odd expression.

you> Maybe. But you haven't said that it is wrong.

well it looks odd but it may be that that was what you wanted to
select. I can't know what you intended to do (unless sit's what you did,
in which case you don't need any help:-)

you> Doesn't  preceding-sibling::* refer to all
you> nodes occurring before current node ( td in my case) in document
you> order

only preceding siblings so not all nodes, just ones under the same
parent. But that is also the case with the expression you used.

you> Could I use following-sibling::* as well.

yes you can use any axis you like, but as I say only you know which
elements you want to select.

you>        If I do that Iam getting this error: You cannot call an element
you> 'normalize-space(text())'

that would mean that you forgot to use the {} arount the Xpath
expression.

you> 7) The error I mentioned "Attribute '{$attrname}' outside of element"
you> hasn't gone away.

post a complete (small) input file and a complete (small) stylesheet
say what error you get (in full) and what processor you used.

David

http://www.star.net.uk