RE: [xsl] Recursion and for-each-group (XSLT 2.0)

Subject: RE: [xsl] Recursion and for-each-group (XSLT 2.0)
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:23:32 -0500
> One question about the structure of your data: is it possible to
> encounter

> <indexentry term="dog">
>   <indexentry term="leg">
> </indexentry>
> <indexentry term="table">
>   <indexentry term="leg">
> </indexentry>
>
> and if so, are the two references to "leg" to be combined, or not?
> This doesn't arise in your sample, so I can't tell.

Yes, that can happen. No, they shouldn't be combined.

If it helps any, this is the index for a book. The larger stylesheet of
which this solution will eventually be a part is for software user guides.
Ideally, it should support anything you might see in the average index.

I have a working solution for three levels of index entries, because
that's all I ever use. However, the problem of arbitrarily deep nested
grouping interests me in its own right.

Thanks for the help.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services