Re: [xsl] xsl displaying image from xml file

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl displaying image from xml file
From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:08:03 -0500
josh higgins wrote:
First of all I want to thank everyone that has helped
my understand the basics of xsl! Thanks!  I am trying
to display an image whose path location is in the xml
file.  I am writing fo stylesheet.  Here is a sample
of what my xml looks like.  I read somewhere that I
was to use <fo:inline-graphic> but that is not a valid
tag.  Can someone please help?  TIA.

      <invoice>
	<images>
		<logo>
			D:\somepath\mypic.jpg

<fo:external-graphic src="url(D:\somepath\mypic.jpg)"/>

You should read the definition of fo:external graphic in the FO spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/) for all the details.

Note that in the example I've written above I've used your Windows-specific path as a URL even though it isn't really. Some FO implementations will accept this, some will not. To be 100% correct you should convert the Windows path to a proper URL.

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber