Re: [xsl] mixing it up: REST+XML Namespaces + XLST

Subject: Re: [xsl] mixing it up: REST+XML Namespaces + XLST
From: James Fuller <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:54:32 +0200
David Carlisle wrote:

> which is why my question....does anyone use a namespace URI for anything
> other then identification
>
>the XSD schema spec for example (unfortunately) suggests putting an XSD
>schema there, and most schema validators will try that: If validating a
>file and the come across a namespace for which they have no other
>information, they'll dereference teh namespace uri and hope to find a
>schema document lurking.

I have tried this in the medium distant past and found it awkward, but
this is because I didnt have access to XML schema validation directly
within XSLT... now all I do is

xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.example.org/apps/tables/user#schema";

which once again can easily be inferred from XML namespace by
concatanating fn:namespace-uri() and '#schema'

- Jim