Re: [xsl] xsl:for-each...iteration question

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:for-each...iteration question
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:12:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Paul,
  Please also try this XSL.. You may like it..

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
version="1.0">

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" />

<xsl:variable name="exclude"
select="document('exclude.xml')" />

<xsl:template match="node() | @*">
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="node() | @*" />
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="*[@attr-name =
$exclude/exclude-list/exclude-attr]" />

</xsl:stylesheet>

This is a modified identity stylesheet.. The 2nd
template excludes those elements, whose attr-name
attribute has value matching that in exclude file..

I have found.. identity template is a really powerful
piece of code which lets us do complex things..

Regards,
Mukul

--- Paul Coletti <pcoletti@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This has been answered before I'm sure but doing a
> relevant search in the archives is tricky.
>
> I've an input doc containing a number of modify-attr
> elements
> <modify>
>   <modify-attr attr-name = "abc"/>
>   <modify-attr attr-name = "123"/>
>   <modify-attr attr-name = "789"/>
> </modify>
>
> I have another document containing a list of
> prohibited attributes.
> <exclude-list>
>   <exclude-attr>123</exclude-attr>
> </exclude-list>
>

> I want to iterate over my input doc and copy all
> those modify-attr elements that are NOT in the
> exclude list to the output.
>
> <xsl:template match="modify/modify-attr">
>   <xsl:variable name="currentAttr"
> select="@attr-name"/>
>   <xsl:variable name="currentNode" select="."/>
>
>   <xsl:for-each

select="document('excludedoc')/exclude-list/exclude-attr">