Re: [xsl] Total number of pages with XSL-FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] Total number of pages with XSL-FO
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:21:16 -0500
I must have confused your issue with some other issue.

Sorry about that.

If you can put keep-with previous on the empty ID block, that should keep
that blank page from popping up.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Nadia.Swaby@xxxxxx
04/21/2005 11:13 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] Total number of pages with XSL-FO

Actually, I am using Antenna house, it does support keep-with-previous ,
and I just thought about that 5 mins ago.  I will try after lunch.

Nadia Swaby

                      JBryant@xxxxxxxx
                      m                        To:
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               cc:
number of pages with XSL-FO
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

That'd be great, Jirka, but Nadia is using FOP (if I recall correctly),
and the current version of FOP only supports keeps on tables.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Jirka Kosek <jirka@xxxxxxxx>
04/21/2005 10:59 AM

JBryant@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>From a few messages ago:
> If you want to be absolutely sure that content appears on the last page,
> put the last block that has content and the empty block into a table
that
> has two rows (one for each block). Then set keep-with-next="always" on
the
> first row. That way, the empty block can never be on a page by itself.

Wouldn't it be easier to do just:

<fo:block id="last-page" line-height="0" keep-with-previous="always"/>

There will not be need to surround last block in document with the
table. (I'm assuming that FO processor supports keep-with-next, which is
not case for FOP.)

   Jirka Kosek     e-mail: jirka@xxxxxxxx     http://www.kosek.cz
   Profesionalnm 9kolenm a poradenstvm v oblasti technologim XML.
      Podmvejte se na na9 novl spu9tln} web http://DocBook.cz
        Podrobn} pxehled 9kolenm http://xmlguru.cz/skoleni/