Re: [xsl] grouping/position problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] grouping/position problem
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:48:03 -0400
On 4/22/05, M. David Peterson <m.david.x2x2x@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I also chose to
> dump the date processing  template to help empahsize that the best way
> to handle XML in this case is to ...

Hmm .. not sure what you were about the write there, but the date
processing for bibliographic processing -- as I said in the last
message -- is complex.  And it's even more complex in the XML
documents I'm using.  All of the followong can represent a date:

mods:originInfo/mods:dateIssued
mods:relatedItem/mods:originInfo/mods:dateIssued
mods:relatedItem/mods:part/mods:date

And the content is not only uncontrolled in the schema, but is messy
in the real world. All of these are valid:

2000-10-13
2000
2000-10

... and that doesn't even cover stuff like "October 10, 12-14, 2000"
or "Spring/Summer 2000".

So maybe the function needs to stay?

:-)

Bruce