[xsl] xsl:variable with hex color values

Subject: [xsl] xsl:variable with hex color values
From: Rolando Isidoro <rli@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 19:33:45 +0100
Hi, I'm trying implementing a XSL which distinguishes odd and even row of a table by using different colors. My solution involves the testing of the number or the position, something like this:

<xsl:choose>
   <xsl:when test="position() mod 2">
   </xsl:when>
   <xsl:otherwise>
   </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

the existing code inside each of the <td>'s differs only in the background color, which resolves into big time redundancy. Is there any way to assign the color value to a variable and then using it in the bgcolor attribute? I've tried using something like <xsl:variable name="bg" select="Black"> and then <td bgcolor = "$bg"> but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried with hex color values, which is my objective, and it didn't work either.

Thanks, Rolando