Re: [xsl] Saxon for windows?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon for windows?
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 18:52:28 +0300
Hi Pieter,

> It's actually quite simple. I'm using a process class which allows me to
> capture StdOut and StdErr, and that runs a process in the background. The
> background process can be anything that runs via a command line, and the
> best is that it runs completely independent (in Windows this just means on
> another thread). While threads compete with each other for CPU time, when
> the process runs, the main thread just waits for its output, which means
> that the child thread can use all CPU available, thus maximum performance is
> guaranteed (under normal circumstances and no other tasks running assumed).

What about the java start up time? You will add that at each run.
And if you run the transformation only once then I think you will not get the best of Java either - I always hear that if you want to measure how much time a stylesheet takes for processing you should not look at the times of the first runs.

My 2 cents...

Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina