RE: [xsl] Importing compiled stylesheets

Subject: RE: [xsl] Importing compiled stylesheets
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 14:13:31 +0100
Unfortunately the module mechanisms in XSLT don't really lend themselves to
independent compilation of modules, since much of the information you need
when compiling isn't available until all the modules are available. For
example if A imports B, then B can refer to a global variable defined in A.
Also, A can redefine a global variable defined in B, and the replacement can
even have a different type. So when you compile B, you don't know very much
about the environment it will run in, which reduces your ability to make
compile-time decisions.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/