Re: [xsl] Opening a document on a server

Subject: Re: [xsl] Opening a document on a server
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:10:42 -0500
Never mind.

There must be some law of the universe that once you've asked for help on
a public mailing list, you'll find the problem that was making your
solution not work.

Thanks to anyone who posts a response to my query. I appreciate the time
you spent doing it, even though I have now figured out my issue.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services
(presently consulting at Synergistic Solution Technolgies)

JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
06/15/2005 04:04 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[xsl] Opening a document on a server

Hi, all,

I need to open a file on a server from within my stylesheet. Suppose the
server is named Oscar and has a directory named Felix.

document('file:////Oscar/Felix/myfile.xml')

did not work (though some web surfing for ways to do this had made me
think it would).

Anyone know how to open that file from inside my stylesheet?

I am using Saxon 8.4.

Thanks.