RE: [xsl] Validating XML file externally

Subject: RE: [xsl] Validating XML file externally
From: "Kaila Kaarle" <Kaarle.Kaila@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:44:09 +0300
hi,

I wrote a small swing app a while ago that does this.

The validation itself is specified like thi8s:

-------- some definitions

static final String JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE =
		"http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage";;

static final String W3C_XML_SCHEMA =
		"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";;

static String schemaSource = "/kk/artf/files/raport.xsd";

static final String JAXP_SCHEMA_SOURCE =
		"http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSource";;

---------- the validating method

private void validateFile() throws ParserConfigurationException, SAXException,
IOException {

		String filePath;
		filePath = jPath.getText();
		f = new File(filePath);
		DocumentBuilderFactory factory =
			DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
		factory.setNamespaceAware(true);
		factory.setValidating(true);
		factory.setAttribute(JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE, W3C_XML_SCHEMA);
		factory.setAttribute(JAXP_SCHEMA_SOURCE,new File(schemaSource));
		DocumentBuilder bld=null;

        bld = factory.newDocumentBuilder();
        bld.setErrorHandler(this);

        doc = bld.parse(f);
    }

---------------
I'll send you privately the whole class just in case you want to try it out

regards
Kaarle

Hi Team,

I wrote XSD for an XML file. Is it possible to validate this XML file by
using the XSD
without modifying the XML file. I mean to say, is there any way to
validate the XML file externally
using XSD (without specifying in XML file).

Thanks,
Sundeep.