RE: [xsl] Validating XML file externally

Subject: RE: [xsl] Validating XML file externally
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:14:23 +0100
Off-topic for this list, but the answer is yes.

With Saxon-SA, use:

java com.saxonica.Validate -s schema.xsd instance.xml

There's a similar command-line interface in XSV. It's surprisingly hard to
find an equivalent for Xerces, but I remember someone advising that one of
the "sample applications" provided with Xerces provided a workaround.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/