RE: [xsl] appending to result-document

Subject: RE: [xsl] appending to result-document
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 23:30:30 +0100
You can't append to result documents in this way: you have to write them in
a single go, just as you would if you were writing the data to a branch of
the primary tree. In fact, that's how you should think about it: you're in
effect writing a single tree and then lopping off some of the branches to
act as separate result trees in their own right. (If it worked any
differently, the content of the result trees would depend on order of
execution, which isn't defined).

So as with a single-output transformation, the rule is to structure your
stylesheet according to the structure of the output; your problem is
probably that you have designed it to match the structure of the input.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/