Re: [xsl] Increment a variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] Increment a variable
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:52:51 +0530
Hi Dimitre,

       No. I definitely had no idea of making a joke. This is based on some
code that DC wrote for me and other on this list  and a lengthy discussion
that was started by James Fuller on using the namespace URI as a real
location of some resource. At that time, it had occurred to me that if it
came to something could be useful in situations like this. Even Michael kay
at one point has proposed a similar solution.  Maybe my adaptation of  this
type of solution for a problem of this sort is wrong and you or someone
else could clarify on this.

<xsl:for-each select="(//*)[position() &lt;= $depth]">
</xsl:for-each>

Which by the way was given by DC when I asked him how to indent the current
node based on how deep it is in the input tree.

Excuse me for the length explanation.

Cheers,
prakash

                      Dimitre
                      Novatchev                To:      xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      <dnovatchev@gmai         cc:      (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                      l.com>                   Subject: Re: [xsl] Increment a variable

                      08/18/2005 11:53
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

On 8/18/05, omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Chandu,
>
>       XSLT is a functional programming language and not a procedural one.
> Hence, what you ask has to be handled differently. Your input xslt has to
> have atleast as many nodes as the upper limit in the for loop (1000 in
your
> case) for this to work. Or in your case since you want the var reset for
> every 100
> nodes, 10 nodes atleast 100 deep I would imagine.

Are you joking?

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in