Re: [xsl] Create two xml files from one xsl file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Create two xml files from one xsl file
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:20:11 +0100
> to explain myself a bit more... I have two xsl files
> that work on one xml file what I would like is to be
> able to run a single xsl file (containing the logic of
> both xsl files) to create two xml files...

msxml doesn't have a specific element for this but you can do it in a
single run so long as you don't need any of the serialisation options of
xsl:output and you are happy with the default msdom output.
Just write a one line javascript function in an msxml:script block that
accepts a dom node and a filename and then writes out the file usimh the
nodes .xml method.

Alternatively a more portable and flexible solution, just paramterise he
stylesheet so that it writes one file or the other depending on a
parameter, and then just process your input twice, setting the parameter
accordingly. This way you can use xsl:output to control the
serialisation and it's not really inefficient to do two transforms as
you only nedd to parse the input and the stylesheet once, you just
execute the compiled template object twice.

David

http://www.star.net.uk