RE: [xsl] Is it possible to modify the source-tree?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Is it possible to modify the source-tree?
From: "Agnisys Technology \(P\) Ltd." <agnisys@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:03:21 -0700 (PDT)
My input looks like this:
<a>
   <b offset="5">
      <reg>reg_1</reg>
      <reg href="REGDEF1"/>
   </b>

  <regdef name="REGDEF1">
      <reg>reg_10</reg>
      <reg>reg_20</reg>
  </regdef>

</a>

I want the <reg href="REGDEF1"/> be replaced with the definition defined above, namely :
      <reg>reg_10</reg>
      <reg>reg_20</reg>

So to the XSLT parser, the input looks like:
<a>
   <b offset="5">
      <reg>reg_1</reg>
      <reg>reg_10</reg>
      <reg>reg_20</reg>
   </b>
</a>

The output is based on the attributes of the <b> node and the siblings. If I use
<xsl:apply_templates> I will have to pass a whole bunch of info to the template.

Thanks,
Anupam.

http://mail.yahoo.com