Re: [xsl] Lightweight XSLT editor

Subject: Re: [xsl] Lightweight XSLT editor
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:42:57 -0400
James Fuller wrote:
Joris Gillis wrote:

demands are:

* Lightweight, tiny, fast code editor.
* Very simple UI.
   ** No tree views, no grid views, no mapping views, no floating
toolbars...
   ** Just a screen were I can see the pointy brackets.
* Very basic functionality (line count, syntax highlighting, tag
completion - adapted for XSLT)
   ** No XSLT processing functions, no debugging, no Xpath/Xquery
testing
* Able to detect file changes
* Not written in Java
* My budget: 0 cents. (preferably open source)

if u are commandline orientated GNU emacs or Xemacs with nXML mode is a winner everytime.

if its windows...I found using TextPad and PFE useful, Textpad has
useful plugin xml modules

if its mac osx AquaEmacs is a good option

And of course there is always vi/vim available on OSX, Linux and in Windows with Cygwin.

-Rob