[xsl] Core Dump running xsltproc

Subject: [xsl] Core Dump running xsltproc
From: "Paul Moloney" <paul_moloney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:44:57 +0100
I hope someone can help me, I'm a relative newbie to this. I'm following the tutorial given at this page:

http://www.codeproject.com/winhelp/docbook_howto.asp

All is well until I reach the section on customising the style sheet. I'm using the

following files:

simple.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"

"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"; >

<book>

<title>Simple Book</title>

<titleabbrev>Simple</titleabbrev>

<para>

Hello! Here's an introduction!

</para>

</preface>

<para>

Stuff about Foo's goes here.

</para>

</chapter>

<para>

Stuff about Bars's goes here.

</para>

</chapter>

</book>

simple.xsl:

version="1.0">

<xsl:import href="/home/pmoloney/docbook-xsl-1.69.1/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl"/>

</xsl:stylesheet> ===============================================

(I've check the pathname above is correct; the given stylesheet has more lines, but I've pared it down to the above line by line, with each version giving the same core dump)

The following output is shown:

$ xsltproc --nonet simple.xsl simple.xml

Writing pr01.html for preface

Writing ch01.html for chapter

Writing ch02.html for chapter

Writing index.html for book

Writing htmlhelp.hhp

Aborted (core dumped)

When I run the command using verbose mode, I get the following just before the core dump:

[...output truncated...]

xsltIf: test $htmlhelp.hhc.folders.instead.books != 0

Lookup variable htmlhelp.hhc.folders.instead.books

found variable htmlhelp.hhc.folders.instead.books

xsltIf: test evaluate to 1

xsltApplyOneTemplate: copy unescaped text <OBJECT type="text/site properties">

<param name="ImageType" value="Folder">

</OBJECT>

xsltCopyText: copy unescaped text <OBJECT type="text/site properties">

<param name="ImageType" value="Folder">

</OBJECT>

Aborted (core dumped)

xsltproc -version shows the following:

$ xsltproc -version

Using libxml 20620, libxslt 10114-CVS1011 and libexslt 812-CVS1011 xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20620, libxslt 10114 and libexslt 812 libxslt 10114 was compiled against libxml 20620 libexslt 812 was compiled against libxml 20620

Am I doing something obviously wrong here? ANy help appreciated.

P.

--

Paul Moloney, Documentation Team Lead,

Valista.