Re: [xsl] Winddings, symbol etc

Subject: Re: [xsl] Winddings, symbol etc
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:20:09 +0200
Hi,

I always thought that pdf supported wingdings & symbols, yet whenever I
use wingdings or symbol as the font it is never reproduced accurately in
the pdf.

Wingding and symbols font files don't have a unicode mapping table. Use unicode characters with a unicode font instead.

Also, if you use Helvetica, Times New Roman and Courier with ascii
characters abov 127 rarely results in the correct character being
outputted to the pdf.

You might be mixing up encodings somewhere in the process. I'm not having much trouble myself and am using quite some characters above the 127 range...

HTH,
Geert