Re: [xsl] Winddings, symbol etc

Subject: Re: [xsl] Winddings, symbol etc
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:33:55 +0100
> Below is an example of the xslfo I am ouputting:

which is apparently in UTF-8.

> The numbers on the left obviously represent the extended ascii table code.
There are roughly 1001 extended ascii tables, I assume you mean Unicode,
as that is the table that all XML tools use?

The Unicode characters (or, in this case, equivalently ISO latin 1
characters) in that range are all non-printing control characters
(see list below) so you wouldn't expect any rendering in PDF.

David

<character id="U00080" dec="128">
 <description unicode="control"></description>
</character>

<character id="U00081" dec="129">
 <description unicode="control"></description>
</character>

<character id="U00082" dec="130">
 <description unicode="control">BREAK PERMITTED HERE</description>
</character>

<character id="U00083" dec="131">
 <description unicode="control">NO BREAK HERE</description>
</character>

<character id="U00084" dec="132">
 <description unicode="control"></description>
</character>

<character id="U00085" dec="133">
 <description unicode="control">NEXT LINE (NEL)</description>
</character>

<character id="U00086" dec="134">
 <description unicode="control">START OF SELECTED AREA</description>
</character>

<character id="U00087" dec="135">
 <description unicode="control">END OF SELECTED AREA</description>
</character>

<character id="U00088" dec="136">
 <description unicode="control">CHARACTER TABULATION SET</description>
</character>

<character id="U00089" dec="137">
 <description unicode="control">CHARACTER TABULATION WITH JUSTIFICATION</description>
</character>

<character id="U0008A" dec="138">
 <description unicode="control">LINE TABULATION SET</description>
</character>

http://www.star.net.uk