Re: [xsl] Converting XML to an Escacped URL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting XML to an Escacped URL
From: Gary Stewart <the.stewarg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:23:56 +0000
On 30 Oct 2005 18:13:24 +0000, Colin Paul Adams
<colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't understand your requirement - do you mean you want to create a
> data: URI of your document - it will have to be quite a short document,
> as the HTTP GET protocol limits you to a little over 1000 characters.

Yeah; I am aware of that as a problem. I'm using it for testing really
and the documents are quite short. I'll have to get POST working in
the near future though :).

> Anyway, you have 3 functions in XPath 2.0 for escaping characters.
> I take it you are using XML 1.1?

XML 1.0 though I could start using 1.1. Is there a way of getting the
nodeset as a string then?

Thanks,

Gary