Re: [xsl] Concordance with XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Concordance with XSLT
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:15:42 +1100
> Just curious, do you think XSL is the best tool for this job or
> something that can be used to do this job?

Can't say in advance.

As we know, XSLT 2.0 has better string processing capabilities (such
as regular expressions) and is easier and more appropriate to use for
string processing than XSLT1.0.

My personal preference would be to use FXSL 2.0, having used it
successfully for other string processing tasks such as spelling
checking and text justification.

Also, Saxon 8.6 just came out with a huge improvement in appending to
a sequence -- it is logical to expect a very similar improvement for
string concatenation in the future...

To summarise: I wouldn't be surprised if XSLT 2.0 + FXSL 2.0 handle
this task better than expected.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev