RE: [xsl] Preserving whitespace between elements

Subject: RE: [xsl] Preserving whitespace between elements
From: "Haarman, Michael" <mhaarman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:30:54 -0600

<snip/>

> However, the space is getting stripped, so the actual output is:
>
> Any suggestions on how to prevent this?

Matthew,

What processor are you using?  The default behavior should be to preserve
space.

*xsl:strip-space* is used to override this default behavior and
*xsl:preserve-space* is used to override the overridden element names.

I ran your example with Saxon v8.6, Saxon v6.5.4 and Xalan v2.4.1.  These
processors are correctly maintaining the white-space nodes.

HTH,

Mike

Mike Haarman,
XSL Developer,