RE: [xsl] Preserving whitespace between elements

Subject: RE: [xsl] Preserving whitespace between elements
From: "Haarman, Michael" <mhaarman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:21:26 -0600
> I am using the XSL extension in PHP, which uses libxslt
> (http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/). I have tried using
> xslt:preserve-space but
> to no avail. I cannot seem to figure out what is causing this.

xsl:preserve-space will only alter the set of element names specified to
xsl:strip-space.

I'm not familiar how PHP handles this, but a glance at this page:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.xslt.php

which includes a description of this directive:

XSLT_SABOPT_DISABLE_STRIPPING (integer)
Suppress the whitespace stripping (on data files only).

suggests you are using sablotron and not libxslt, per this note:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.xslt.php#59398

Check your version and your configuration.

HTH,

Mike

Mike Haarman,
XSL Developer,