Re: [xsl] ACCESSING SPECIFIC CDATA FIELD

Subject: Re: [xsl] ACCESSING SPECIFIC CDATA FIELD
From: drkm <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:28:41 +0100 (CET)
viniciuscamara@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks Jon and friends,

  What about sisters ?-)

> for your explanation about CDATA nodes.

> Well, I tried to use your idea "<xsl:value-of
> select="text()[1]" />" to access the text inside the node
> <etp id="200"> (see the code bellow), and spected this
> return: "Trying accessing only this", but returned empty
> to me.

> >        <etp id="200">
> >            <![CDATA[Trying accessing only this]]>
> >            <nvgs>

  Maybe your parser makes a text node for "\n ", between the
'etp' element and the CDATA section, and an other text node
for the cntent of the CDATA section itself.  I think it has
to merge all the text in 'etp' before the 'nvgs' element in
one single text node.

  Can someone confirm this?

  What produces <xsl:value-of select='text()[2]'/> ?

  And what produces the following (to be sure you get
an empty string, and not a string full of spaces):

    <xsl:value-of select="translate(text()[1], ' ', '_')"/> ?

> When I put the prefix "." return to me "Trying accessing
> only this" + "blablablablabla" + "blablablablabla", with
> your descedents.

  As said, it's the way 'xsl:value-of' works.  It uses all
text nodes descendants of "." (depending of the select
expression, indeed).  And CDATA are just text pieces.

> Is it necessary to use the node to separate the texts
> inside the node?

  I don't understand this sentence.  Can you explain a bit
further, please?

--drkm

Nouveau : tiliphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Dicouvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.
Tilichargez sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com