Re: [xsl] Date Difference

Subject: Re: [xsl] Date Difference
From: thomas.maciejewski@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:59:15 -0500
Ummm ... well I think it is obvious that I am not in Europe and that I am
not asking why I am getting a NaN ...
If you REALLY need me to make this clear.   I am trying to get the
differences between two dates.    If you dont know the American style of
dates 10/25/04 = 25/10/04
I can get from one to the other ... that is not an issue.   I want to find
out if there is a difference between the two.

Currently I am looking at:

                  <xsl:variable name="date-diff2"
select="op:subtract-dateTimes-yielding-dayTimeDuration
(xs:dateTime(saxon:evaluate($idxSettleDate))
,xs:dateTime(xs:date(sgfr:StringToDateFormat($todays-date)   ) ) )"/>

but this doesn't seem to work.

Tom Maciejewski

                      Chris Burdess
                      <d09@xxxxxxx>            To:       xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               cc:
                      12/19/2005 02:49         Subject:  Re: [xsl] Date Difference
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      xsl-list

thomas.maciejewski@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Is there an easy way to do a date difference in XSLT.
>
> I basically have two strings :   "9/11/2004"  and "10/25/2005"
> and would like to produce the number of days between the two.

In Europe, the number of days between the two is NaN, because
10/25/2005 is not a valid date.

HTH
--
犬 Chris Burdess
   "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.