Re: [xsl] advice on open source XSL processor that has good performance

Subject: Re: [xsl] advice on open source XSL processor that has good performance
From: James Fuller <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:16:34 +0100
Sean wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am maintaining a system which uses XSL.
>I need an XSL processor with good performance.
>MSXML has excellent performance - but I would prefer an open source solution.
>I am current using Xalan which is very reliable and easy to distribute, but the performance is not
>great with the XSL I use.

saxon would be your best bet with respect to sticking within a java
solution (assuming u are using java),
www.saxonica.com

otherwise I would suggest investigating;

libxslt (http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/)

or

sablotron (http://www.gingerall.org)

>Any suggestions of where I can get metrics on open source XSL processors?
>Or does anyone know a system they would recommend ?

google on XSLT benchmarking, most of the studies are old and up for
alternate interpretations.

gl, Jim Fuller