[xsl] Fwd: Parsing Entities

Subject: [xsl] Fwd: Parsing Entities
From: Gary Stewart <the.stewarg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:10:44 +0000
Hi there,

I have an XML document that has some XML mark-up that is stored as
entities so I have something like:

<letter_text>&lt;p&gt;Some random letter text
:(.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Will this work?&lt;/p&gt;</letter_text>

Now the encoded data should be valid XHTML fragments (though if I was
parsing it as a root node I would expect there would be multiple roots
causing issues) which I would like to use as XHTML in my result
document.

I've looked at saxon:parse
(http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/functions/parse.html)
though that seems specific to CDATA and expects a single root node XML
document.

Any idea on if this can be done. If not; as the document generally
isn't that complex would it maybe be worth trying to text process it
and create new nodes in the tree; though I'm aware that XSLT isn't
really very good for text processing.

Thanks!

Gary