Re: [xsl] Fwd: Parsing Entities

Subject: Re: [xsl] Fwd: Parsing Entities
From: Gary Stewart <the.stewarg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:31:48 +0000
On 10/01/06, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> saxon:parse will do the job just fine. You need to wrap it in an element to
> make it well-formed:
>
> select="saxon:parse(concat('&lt;e&gt;', letter_text,
> '&lt;/e&gt;'))/e/child::node()"
>
> should do the trick.

Thanks that worked, sort of. Though this is somewhat our of the scope
of this list the transformation works just fine in saxon but if I try
it in Cocoon using Saxon (com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl) I get
it wrapped in <?javax.xml.transform.disable-output-escaping > which is
presumably something to do with the way it interacts with Cocoon. If
you know anything about this though it would be really handy.

Sorry if I shouldn't have kept this on the list. I'm not sure if it
would be of interest to a wider audience (or if I'm not better of
asking the Cocoon mailing list).

Thanks,

Gary