RE: [xsl] text to xml

Subject: RE: [xsl] text to xml
From: "Ted Henry" <ted.henry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:55:43 -0500
If this is not just a one-time conversion, you may want to look into
using the "FlexText" utility in Altova MapForce 2006 Enterprise, which
is designed for exactly this purpose.

FlexText provides a graphical interface that allows you to extract the
portions of the text file you want, and map them to any combination of
XML, database, EDI, flat file, and Web services data structures.

Also, it doesn't sound like this particular file is in either CSV (comma
separated value) or FLF (fixed length field) format, but if it is or if
you have other text files in these formats, MapForce has powerful
extraction and data-mapping features for these text file formats too.

For more information on these topics, see...
MapForce 2006 overview - http://www.altova.com/products_mapforce.html
FlexText overview -
http://www.altova.com/features_flextext_mapforce.html
CSV, FLF features overview -