Re: [xsl] finding lowest level in ancestor:: axis

Subject: Re: [xsl] finding lowest level in ancestor:: axis
From: Dan Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:27:41 -0800
At 02:44 PM 1/26/2006, David Carlisle wrote:
I think you want $parent to be the nearest ancestor of the idrefed node
whose name starts with div so that's

This is the correct definition.

The variable was not getting a node-set with the original syntax. When I switched the design to use the choose statement, this resulted in a node-set being returned and generate-id() complained about that. So based upon that I would say the original design returned something like I expected but in the reverse order of what I expected, and the design with the choose returned a node-set that couldn't be processed.

Anyway this did the trick with the addition of some exclusions to remove possible elements like div-simple and div-sub.

Thanks

..dan
Danny Vint

Specializing in Panoramic Images of California and the West
http://www.dvint.com

voice: 510-522-4703

When H.H. Bennett was asked why he preferred to be out
shooting landscapes rather than spending time in his portrait studio:

"It is easier to pose nature and less trouble to please."

http://www.portalwisconsin.org/bennett_feature.cfm