[xsl] chekcing attribute existance from a string

Subject: [xsl] chekcing attribute existance from a string
From: "jd list" <jdlists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 23:22:00 +0000
Hi.  This is likely a common issue, but can't seem to find the right
search terms to find assistance.

I'm trying to make a simple web page where a user can view a html
version of our xml config file.I have a set of attributes in a
particular node, not all of which are required by the xsd and there
are many of these nodes for each parent node.

What i would like to do, for display, is get the list of all possible
attributes (done) and show those as a header (done), and then display
each node attributes as a table row, and when i get to a node that
only has a subset of the attributes, skip any attribute that does not
exist

the repeating nodes look like:
<tag tag_type="timewave" integrate="aa" high_pass="0" interval="600"
tag_id="707" comment="comment comment comment">

in this case i would want headers of
tag_type integrate high_pass interval tag_id comment

in later rows that do not have a high_pass, for example how do i skip
that column.  i have all headers in

/path/to/tag[@tag_type='overall'][1]/@*

and was thinking of foreaching thoguht that same set to get the others
and trying a
when test="/path/to/tag/var[@var_id=$varId]/../../tag/name()".  where
$varId is a variable from a higher level. the name() portion is
obviously illegal, but it illustrates what i'm trying to do.  I want
to check for the existance of an attribute based on the result of
name(), from the header list and skip the column and move to the next.

Thanks for any assistance.  sorry so wordy....
Jeff