Re: Re: RE: [xsl] Producing Excel 2000 htm files: how do I manage the hidden stuff

Subject: Re: Re: RE: [xsl] Producing Excel 2000 htm files: how do I manage the hidden stuff
From: "Jon Gorman" <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:45:14 -0500
On 5/2/06, cknell@xxxxxxxxxx <cknell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would be only too happy to, if one were available. When I open an Excel
file and choose File->Save As from the drop-down menu, I am presented with the
following 31 format choices, none of which is XML:

[snipped the list]

Which one of the file types enumerated in the list above gives me an XML
file?

I'm assuming you responded to point 1:

Sorry, must have been confusing 2000 with 2002.

Like I said before, I wouldn't approach this by creating a html file
(well, the html+xml island) if there's any chance that there's a
version of Excel that wouldn't be your exact one.  Of course, I've
said the same for other people on the list.  This is one of those
cases where XSLT might not be the answer.  I've done similar things
using a SAX approach with a library that could create an Excel
document to be outputted in binary format.

The workarounds I and Michael Kay posted should work if you really do
want to output the html+xml form.  I know Microsoft had some docs on
the whole "html+xml" approach, but all I could quickly pull up was
this
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnoffxml/htm
l/ofxml2k.asp.

Jon Gorman