Re: [xsl] Alternate stylesheet based on availability

Subject: Re: [xsl] Alternate stylesheet based on availability
From: "andrew welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 19:47:53 +0100
On 5/2/06, Matt Reimer <mreimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I need to know if [xsl] can fill a very specific need for me. I am
relatively unfamiliar with XSL so forgive the generality of this
message.

I would like to use a local stylesheet.xsl file (i.e. in the same
directory) unless it doesn't exist and then I would like to use one on a
different server entirely.

I haven't been able to find the logic necessary to make this happen. Any
suggestions would be most welcome.

The logic needs to exist in the language hosting the transform, eg the Servlet in Java, or say Javascript in the client browser.

If you are using an xml-stylesheet processing instruction in the XML
then you are out of luck Im afraid.