RE: [xsl] Declaring ns-prefixes for namespaces imported within a generated xml:schema

Subject: RE: [xsl] Declaring ns-prefixes for namespaces imported within a generated xml:schema
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:47:58 +0100
XSLT 2.0 has an xsl:namespace instruction for this purpose - it generates a
namespace node in the result tree, in the same way as xsl:attribute
generates an attribute node.

For XSLT 1.0 there's a workaround, so long as your processor supports
xx:node-set(): you create an element in a temporary tree with the
appropriate namespace, and then copy its namespace nodes:

<xsl:variable name="dummy">
  <xsl:element name="{$prefix}:dummy" namespace="{$uri}"/>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:copy-of select="xx:node-set($dummy)//namespace::*"/>

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/