Re: [xsl] Declaring ns-prefixes for namespaces imported within a generated xml:schema

Subject: Re: [xsl] Declaring ns-prefixes for namespaces imported within a generated xml:schema
From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 16:07:21 +0200
Robert Melskens wrote:

> To be able to distinguish the namespace of each element I need to create
> a prefix for each namespace which I will use within the 'ref' attribute
> of the 'xs:element' element.

You will not have this problem if you will switch from W3C XML Schema to
RELAX NG (I don not know whether this is viable solution for you). In
RELAX NG you can identify fully qualified names with their local name
and namespace name in a separate attributes, there is no need for QName
(and thus creating prefix declaration). Like:

<element name="foo" ns="http://example.org/bar";>

   Jirka Kosek     e-mail: jirka@xxxxxxxx     http://www.kosek.cz
   Profesionalnm 9kolenm a poradenstvm v oblasti technologim XML.
      Podmvejte se na na9 novl spu9tln} web http://DocBook.cz
        Podrobn} pxehled 9kolenm http://xmlguru.cz/skoleni/
                    Nejbli>9m termmny 9kolenm:
        ** DocBook 15.-17.5.2006 ** XSL-FO 12.-13.6.2006 **
     ** XSLT 23.-26.10.2006 ** XML schimata 13.-15.11.2006 **
   http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]