Re: [xsl] Why doesn test work in one case, but not another???

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why doesn test work in one case, but not another???
From: "Jon Gorman" <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:20:47 -0500
On 5/10/06, Shirley Gasch <sgasch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jon,

What you see here is the XSLT that was converted from CMDL by the
Filemaker Converter.

So is it actually using the XSLT in the conversion?

What should be seen is (and what is seen in the
previous version, with HTML), is System A: followed by details. What
is seen is blank. There is no real XML, at least as far as I can tell.

I hate to say this, but you really need a better idea how Filemaker handles things internally. I don't know what resources are out there for that.

What you've posted to say simply, is a bit confusing.  Perhaps someone
with more time will be able to help.

You should be able to give Filemaker an identity transform and get out
the exact xml out.
<xsl:template match="@*|node()">
 <xsl:copy>
 </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
straight from the specs:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt

Put that in a stylesheet and no other templates and you'll get the xml
that's handed in at that point in the pipleline, although I have no
idea if this will work entirely because I don't really know Filemaker
all that well.

I don't understand how to run it ouside of Filemaker Pro, since Filemaker Pro is what holds the data.

Get the xml output via the above method and then run Saxon or another similar tool.

Jon Gorman