Re: [xsl] Incremental Numbering

Subject: Re: [xsl] Incremental Numbering
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:44:36 +0100
> I suspect this is wishful thinking on my part and that there is no
> choice here, but some pretty hard graft!

If it's inconvenient to number the rows while generating the table, just
do it in two passes, first generate without numbers, but say adding a
spurious number-me attribute to the fo:table-row  then apply a trivial
stylesheet that is the identity transfom plus a single template
something like

<xsl:template match="fo:table-row[@number-me]">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:copy-of select="@*[name()!='mumber-me']"/>