Re: [xsl] line breaks missing

Subject: Re: [xsl] line breaks missing
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:44:48 -0400
My guess is that $text is bound to a node-set, but its first element only represents the first line of the text.

value-of writes a string, and in XSLT 1.0, casting a node set to a string gets you the string value only of the first node in the set (in document order).

That's wild speculation based not on my understanding of what's happening in the OP's case, but on my understanding of what happens in XSLT.

Cheers,
Wendell

At 02:07 PM 6/28/2006, was written:
Renate wrote:

> When I use <xsl:value-of select="$text"/>

> When I open the result, then I don't see the whole text, but
> only the first line. I've got a text without linebreaks.

> Why should it be so?

  It is hard to say without knowing your input, how you set the
variable, your output, maybe warning messages, and how you view the
result.