Re: [xsl] mass validation of xml files

Subject: Re: [xsl] mass validation of xml files
From: James Fuller <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:57:23 +0200
you could simply opt to put your files in a smarter file system...I would recc. considering using an XML Database that performs schema validation.

For example, eXist XMLDB (exist.sourceforge.net) can store the amt of documents you quote; you can then have eXist perform validation whenever you physically load up or edit an xml document. Easier to spread out the processing, if it can be spread out though perhaps you generate all these files at once....then I can recc using something like Ant to control your xml processing.

btw eXist has a webdav interface so u can get to it as a mounted file system (also has REST, SOAP, etc api)....plus u get XSLT and XPATH/XQUERY querying.

gl, Jim Fuller