Re: [xsl] function for getting filename

Subject: Re: [xsl] function for getting filename
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Sep 2006 12:01:18 +0100

    andrew> On 9/1/06, Frank Marent <frank.marent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> i'm struggling again and again over this point:
    >>
    >> is there a function in xslt that gives me the clean filename of
    >> the processed xml file? like
    >>
    >> 'myfile.xml' 'test.xml' 'anyfilename.xml'
    >>
    >> i do *not* need the document-uri. only the filename of the
    >> current processed xml file.

    andrew> In xslt 2.0 I use:

    andrew> tokenize(base-uri(.), '/')[last()]

That's not sound - . might not be the document node - if it's an
element with an xml:base attribute in scope, then you may get
something very spurious indeed.

Using document-uri in your expression looks sounder.

If the OP is invoking a transformation from the command line, then he
can pass in the file name as a parameter. That is reliable.

--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire