[xsl] xslt 1.1 xsl:document

Subject: [xsl] xslt 1.1 xsl:document
From: "tom tom" <tomxsllist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:41:16 +0000
I am using XSLT 1.1. I am attempting to use the xsl:document function to generate an html '.ssi' file to be included in other pages.

I am unable to prevent this file from outputting a doctype declaration. It seems to be inheriting it from a parent xsl:document element - ie the xsl:document element exists inside of another xsl:document element which needs to output a doctype. When it does not sit inside of another xsl:document element there are no problems with the doctype.

I am using saxon 6.5 and its a legacy system so can't be upgraded.

Does anyone recognise anything I have described and do you know of a way to prevent the DOCTYPE declaration from displaying?

Windows Live Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free! http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb