RE: [xsl] xslt 1.1 xsl:document

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt 1.1 xsl:document
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:38:31 -0000
> I don't understand what you mean by this. I have nested two
> xsl:result-document elements in an XSLT 2 document - the
> outer one has doctype-public and doctype-system attributes.
> The inner one doesn't have these attributes and the file
> created by the inner one doesn't inherit the doctype from the
> outer one which is the behaviour I'm looking for. I'm using Saxon 8.x
>
> So where exactly does the problem still exist and are there
> any potential pitfalls in using this methodology?

There's no inheritance between nested xsl:result-document instructions in
2.0, but an analagous problem occurs if you have a named output definition
(xsl:output name="x") and reference this from xsl:result-document; you can
then override most of the serialization attributes in the
xsl:result-document instruction, but you can't reset doctype-system and
doctype-public to "absent".

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/